Thursday, July 19, 2012

Busy...

Wow. Life has been so busy. It is nice to keep busy of course, but I can't wait for things to slow down a bit. Mainly, a lot of things are happening at once. 8 months ago, I had Knox. About 2 months ago, I decided to go back to college and started that full time, yet online (thank God my local college has many online options! You only have to attend for speech, math and English classes). Next semester, however, I am attending a night math class and the semester after that, I should be attending more in person, because Jarred will be off season at work. Then just a month ago, I started working weekends at a spa I worked at before I received my cosmetology license. I absolutely LOVE my job, I love making people feel beautiful and feel good about themselves. It is very therapeutic for me. There is something about raising someones self esteem that I love to do. Plus, doing makeup and hair is just plain FUN and artistic! I love that I only work weekends, because that way, I can still be a stay at home mom during the week and Daddy can watch the kiddos on the weekend. They love their daddy time!

 The problem I am having, however, is that I am not sure which degree I should go for. I have always wanted to emphasize on social behavior and sociology but there is not much money there... so my other option is business. I found that there are many more jobs and options for someone with a masters in business, then a masters in sociology. So I think I will go for my MBA. I want to do what I love, but taking care of my family and making sure that they are all well taken care of and have many privileges are very important to me.

  In other notes, the kids are doing amazing. Knox is 8 months old, an extreme momma's boy and already has 6 teeth he loves to use on whatever and whoever is nearest to him...including my boobs during breastfeeding.. OUCH ... Alexis is 2 and 1/2 years old and she is the most precious little princess, and has such a little princess attitude. She is so, so smart. Exceptionally smart, and soaks up everything like a sponge. She loves Curious George, playing outside and annoying her older brother.  he he.  Everett is 6 years old, and he is starting first grade in the fall!! Oh my goodness, time has flown. I cannot believe I have a first grader on my hands! He loves anything Mario right now. If he could play his Nintendo DS all day long, he would. I tend to make his little butt go outside and get some fresh air every once in a while though. He is also a little smarty pants. He can read most small words and is doing great in math, adding and subtracting numbers below 10. He loves to pretend he is break dancing, I just might start taking him to classes. He is still pretty shy though.

  One last thing to note is that it is our one year wedding anniversary coming up on Monday! I can't believe its already been one year! Our lives are so insanely busy that it just flew by! It just reminds me to take things day by day and enjoy every moment you can. It goes by so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment